EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) Accreditation is established by European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). Created in 1997 by a mandate of EFMD’s member business schools including Bocconi, HEC- Paris, IESE, IMD, INSEAD, ESADE, London Business School, and Rotterdam School of Management, currently it is one of the three most authoritative international business school accreditation systems.
EQUIS assesses institutions as a whole. It assesses not just degree programmes but all the activities and sub-units of the institution, including research, TEL, executive education provision and community outreach. Business schools that are accredited by EQUIS must demonstrate not only high quality in all dimensions of their activities, but a high degree of internationalization. EQUIS also believes that business schools should be as closely connected to the real world of business so there must be a balance between high academic quality and the professional relevance provided by close interactions with the corporate world.
Schools that, in the Awarding Body’s judgement, meet all the EQUIS quality standards will be awarded EQUIS accreditation for a period of five years. Schools satisfying all the EQUIS Standards except in one or two of the quality dimensions that are only partially satisfied are awarded EQUIS accreditation for a period of three years.
Beginning in March, 2015, currently FME is in the journey of persuing Equis accreditation.
By October 2016, 19 business schools from mainland China have been awarded EQUIS accreditation. 9 of them have been awarded five-year accreditation.They are listed below:
1. Antai College of Economics & Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (5 years)
2. School of Management and Economics, Beijing Institute of Technology (3 years)
3. CEIBS - China Europe International Business School (5 years)
4. Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (3 years)
5. College of Business, City University of Hong Kong (5 years)
6. School of Management, Fudan University (5 years)
7. Guanghua School of Management, Peking University (5 years)
8. School of Business, Hong Kong Baptist University (3 years)
9. Lingnan (University) College, Sun Yat-sen University (3 years)
10. School of Business, Renmin University of China (5 years)
11. School of Business Administration, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (3 years)
12. Sun Yat-sen Business School, Sun Yat-sen University (3 years)
13. Faculty of Business, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (3 years)
14. Faculty of Business and Economics, The University of Hong Kong (5 years)
15. School of Economics and Management, Tongji University (5 years)
16. Business School, University of International Business and Economics (3 years)
17. Economics and Management School, Wuhan University (3 years)
18. School of Management, Xiamen University (3 years)
19. School of Management, Zhejiang University (5 years)